Friday, September 10, 2010

The Beginning Of A Beautiful Relationship

It all started back in mid Jun 2010 when I decided to order a Satria Neo Lite. Initially, I have no intention of getting a car at that point of time, as a matter of fact, I sold off my old 1997 Proton Satria 1.3. The reason being that I was working near Midvalley The Gardens and I thought that KTM would provide a cheap and easy mode of transportation traveling to and from work since the KTM station is conviniently located near my house and Midvalley.

I sold off my old Satria 1.3 to my uncle who is a second hand dealer for a nominal sum of RM 5,500. The car was quite in a bad shape considering the rusty roof and many other small bits here-and-there that require touch ups. Anyway, he managed to sell the car for some small profit. I heard it he sold it to a Malay guy. Well, hope the the car will end up in good hands.

Anyway, I took KTM for almost 2 weeks and I totally give up hope on it. With the frequent delay and breakdowns, it is way too unreliable and a small fry like me, cannot afford to arrive late at work. On top of that, suffocating myself in a sardine-packed train is definitely not a good way to start my day. Hence, I decided to fastforward my plan to get a Satria Neo. 

I went to this Proton dealer near Pasar Borong Selayang. A guy by the name of Brian attended to me. Well, I ordered a black neo lite with him and paid the booking fee. He promised that the car will arrive, latest 2 months. I trusted him and waited. In case you don't know, I took KTM for that whole period and life was really not too fun, truthfully. I can bet  RM 1 billion with you that every morning of a working day, you'll hear people shouting and pushing, the scene is overly chaotic and you'll wonder why we Malaysians cannot excel in Rugby or American Football~really.

To my horror, Brian still unable to get me the car 2 months later. I got extremely frurstrated with him, went to Proton Branch in Mutiara Damansara. Mr. Khor attended to me and checked the system. Apparently, there is one neo lite black available. Straightaway I cancel my order with Brian and proceed with Mr. Khor. Honestly speaking, anyone looking to order a Neo may want to look out for Mr. Khor from Mutiara Damansara branch, he is a man who provides service of the highest quality.

A week later, I got my car and a beautiful relationship with my neo has just begun. 

This is the Satria Neo Lite in showroom condition

Badawi on KTM Komuter back in 2008. Apparently he was unhappy with the services wanted immediate improvements to be made. Well, 2010, it still sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment